Tuesday, December 7, 2021

“Space to talk about it”…

Even if your life holds a lot of beauty. Even if your cup is full and your days are blessed. You’re allowed to be affected. You’re allowed to hurt. You’re allowed to feel broken and sad. And you deserve a space to talk about it. Always.

— Darnell Koepke, Daring To Take Up Space  

I had a pretty spectacular sulk this weekend. I know if I’m not jumping out of bed to go for coffee, if I’m not gearing up for a work out, if I’m napping and binging shows, I’m off, somethings off. Bless my perfect partner for giving me the opportunity to feel out loud. He didn’t try to solve my problem. He didn’t try to lift me up. He just listened and validated my feelings. And you know what, the clouds parted and I found a boost of energy. I worked out, did some tidying around the house and put up my Xmas decorations. And then I also realized something had been really bothering me. I organized my thoughts, sent a fully thought out note to the person I needed to address and then sat down with a deep, much needed sigh. Thank you baby for hearing me and supporting me. Just sayin’ :) Love and hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment