Sunday, December 19, 2021

Life is about balance…

Be kind, but don’t let people abuse you.

Trust, but don’t be deceived.

Be content, but never stop improving yourself.

— Unknown

I’ve learned a lot about balance and healthy boundaries from my favourite therapist. His weekend workshops are enlightening to say the least (JoelBrass.com), as he sheds light on how our childhood experiences shape our adult relationships. The “Inner Child” seminar helped solidify my personal foundation and the “Relationships: The Work Of  Love” seminar taught me how to constructively communicate and improve on my most important relationships. My biggest take away is a new perspective on duty and obligation. If I’ve taken care of my own affairs and I have the energy, I am delighted to help out a friend or family member. If I need extra rest or downtime in order to meet my own obligations (work, tending to home, rest/sleep), then I re-consider and focus on my own well being. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 


No comments:

Post a Comment