Tuesday, November 9, 2021

You’re not replaceable…

You are totally replaceable at work.

You’re not replaceable at home.

Home is your real life. Keep that perspective. Always.

— Unknown

For me, work has always been a safe place. I’ve tended to excel and receive heart warming recognition, whereas at home, nothing seemed quite good enough. (Sorry Mum and Dad). In some cases, my colleagues have felt more like family than my own (I think there’s something about being in the trenches together, particularly when you have to perform in down markets, etc). But I get it, there’s more to life than work. I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately. I’ve been setting new boundaries around much needed downtime, particularly during this exhausting Covid phase. I’m actually dreaming of an African Safari or a leisurely trip through Italy, stopping to taste the fresh off the vine food. I would love to work less and indulge in some cool, new adventures. Just sayin’ ;) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment