Monday, November 30, 2020

Growing through challenge...

We don’t grow when things are easy, we grow when we face challenges.

— Joyce Meyer 

This has been very true for me. The most difficult job I ever had managed to advance my overall acumen in unexpected and brilliant ways. For example, in my role, administration has typically been minimal and of limited importance. Needless to say, spreadsheets and such were never my forte. For that matter, I sort of cobbled together my Microsoft Office skills, as I never formally took any of the courses. I learned the skills I needed when I needed them. Coming back to the difficult job, the expectation was the traditional role, plus this huge administrative component added on, kinda like two full time jobs. I actually had to wash my hair less often, shorten the styling time, find a shorter, more intensive daily work out and for the first time I worked most evenings and weekends. My level of stress was through the roof and my colleagues and I felt our jobs were at risk as a default setting. Somehow I survived and managed to excel, which gave me the track record to negotiate quite a very spiffy contract on my next job. I now know how to analyze my effectiveness with a level of detail that would not otherwise have interested me frankly. I am now enjoying the dreamiest job and making more money than I ever made. I love the company, the company culture, the clients and how the company treats its employees and clients. Without that horrible job, I doubt I would have achieved this level of accomplishment and fulfilment. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 



No comments:

Post a Comment