Thursday, November 19, 2020

Escaping the victim mentality...

When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation, change the situation, or accept it. All else is madness.

— Eckhart Tolle

I gained a tremendous amount of tangible and intangible benefits from the most challenging career predicament of my life. Don’t get me wrong, I complained like crazy at the time. I was in a particularly difficult job. There were loads of micro-managing and antagonistic fear tactics, with heavy in-fighting and competitiveness. The position also felt like two full time jobs because the company wanted as much documentation as tangible results. I was miserable for a year and a half. I did want to leave, and I looked at other options, but I hadn’t been at this job for long enough to present as a reliable and committed employee. Thank goodness a former manager found me and offered me a new sanity (and financially) saving position. Fewf! When I look back on that hated position, I’m still amazed and grateful for the unexpected outcome; a new level of administrative competency, some tricks and tips for my personal life which continue to save me time and energy, a stronger ability to influence, with a more precise and concise argument and so much more. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment