Thursday, September 3, 2020

Let’s see what does and doesn’t work for us...

We’ve all made trade offs in our careers that we wish we hadn’t. I try not to live regretfully, still, 2020 has made us question whether the things we sacrificed in ‘normal life’ were worth it. We’ve learned that work doesn’t have to be the focal point of our lives in order to get done. Let’s push paradigms. Let’s play with things. Let’s see what does and doesn’t work for us and design our lives around what truly matters. We can rewrite the rules and be even more successful.

— Rebecca Minkoff (New York activist, designer, founder and mother. Founder of Rebecca Minkoff and The Female Founder Collective). 

Rebecca talks about using a “quick feedback loop” to check in on whether sacrifices are paying off. If the answer is no, she makes changes to improve the situation for herself and her family. Personally, 2020 has encouraged me to draw better work/life boundaries. I realized I was maintaining certain work commitments that did not benefit me personally. I made a couple of adjustment and my work results are better than ever. Go figure, Lol. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment