Thursday, September 10, 2020

Learn-it-all vs know-it-all...

The learn-it-all does better than the know-it-all.

— Satya Nadella (CEO of Microsoft, who believes it’s way more important to be a good learner than to be a genius).

I find that very comforting because I am no genius, Lol. Growing up, I would measure myself against my older brother and sister, plus the kids at school and then college. Don’t get me wrong, I got pretty good grades, but I did not have the photographic memory that my brother continues to enjoy. Memorization has always been a struggle, which makes me horrific at names. Thank God for smart phones and contact apps.  (Funny enough I inherited my Dad’s math brain and will likely remember your birthday, ha ha). One thing I have realized over the years is that everyone has their own, individualized brand of “genius.” I guess it’s just a matter of matching our special skill set with the appropriate and rewarding profession/calling for us. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment