Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The price of engaging...

One would think as we got older, we would be wiser and more capable of "dealing." This does not seem to be the case... I keep talking to people who tell me they shy away more and more as time goes by. We get involved, with all hope and optimism... and then things go left for one reason or another. It feels like a post traumatic stress syndrome type of situation as we age. We've been through more. We have some idea about what could be coming next and it can be f--cking scary. A lot of people say they even know they're shut down, but would rather protect themselves than risk any further mess  - wether it's trying a new entrepreneurial venture, asking a girl out, speaking up about something troublesome. Sometimes the potential for an unwanted result just isn't worth the effort or risk. On other hand, what is the cost of not engaging? .... Personally, I seem kind of incapable of holding back most of the time. If I feel compelled, something in me needs to act. Do I get hurt or disappointed? Do I end up looking foolish or weak? Hell yeah... there are a few ego deaths along the way, but at least I tried;) ... so I keep telling myself, Lol.  Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment