Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Anger is telling us something…

Anger is

  • A response to disempowerment
  • A sign our boundaries are being ignored or violated
  • A response to invalidation or unfair treatment
  • A response to disrespect 
  • A part of the grieving process
  • A sign of built-up resentment or unresolved emotions
  • A symptom of hyper-vigilance and trauma
  • A sign that you may feel attacked, threatened, or deceived
  • A way of protesting that we cannot control the reality around us
— Unknown 

My favourite therapist originally diagnosed me with a broken compass. Because I grew up with a rage-aholic father (controlling, some violence and extreme discipline in general), I became afraid of anger and avoided it like the plaque. But I came to understand that anger, and our entire range of emotions provide critical information in helping us manage our world. Of course, there is a healthy way to apro ach anger, and that is with adult conversations; leading with honesty, clarity and respectful words. Personally, I needed help with “clearing” through therapy and group therapy relationship courses. Just sayin’ ;) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 


No comments:

Post a Comment