Saturday, March 23, 2024

Those who make you feel at home…

The right people will find you. They will speak to you differently. They will inspire you. They will motivate you. They will help you heal. Help you learn new things about yourself. Discover the deeper parts within. The right people will do this to you. They will make you feel at home. And you will never have to worry about them saying good-bye. You will know who they are. 

— r.m. drake  

If I could go back in time, I would tell my younger self exactly that. I remember learning that we tend to gravitate to the familiar, to what we know, to what feels comfortable, good and bad. My pattern was choosing attentive and engaged partners, who, unfortunately had a controlling, angry under belly (similar to my father. Yikes). I fell into this pattern one last time, and then finally embarked on a much healthier relationship with someone kind, patient, accommodating and genius at communicating toward a win-win outcome. This relationship was as a step in the right direction and I met the love of my life next. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment