Saturday, April 22, 2023

Demand more of yourself (and for yourself)?…

You entire situation can change quickly when you acknowledge that there’s more inside of you and you’re brave enough to demand more of yourself. Heavy growth isn’t luck, it happens when you love yourself, commit to a positive mindset, and take consistent action on your goals. 

— Kristen Butler (CEO of Power of Positivity and best selling author of the 3 Minute Positivity Journal. Butler started PoP after hitting rock bottom and using the power of positivity to bounce back. She is passionate about helping others boost their mood, train their brain and improve their life). 

I pretty much hit rock bottom myself after two crushing events; losing my job during the 2008 financial crisis and what I decided would be my final relationship break up. There was nothing I could do about the financial crisis and a lack of suitable (or not suitable) jobs. But there was something I could have done about the bad break up. The relationship was winding down and I really needed to leave. Sadly, I idled in a fearful place, rather than focusing on a potentially fresh and transformative start. Fortunately, I conducted my own “exit interview” for both career and love relationships and made some key decisions. I’ve always done well at work because I like a sense of accomplishment. But, in truth, I knew I could work harder. So I decided to make myself indispensable (by doing a little bit more each and every day) and the results have been quite miraculous. I’m enjoying lots of kudo’s and financial reward. In love, I made the decision to wait as long as it took to find the right match and perfect partner for my personality and life goals. Looking back, I realized that there were deal breakers in each of my relationships. How crazy is that. Everyone always says you shouldn’t be so picky. I disagree. In order to live with someone, you need to be pretty darn aligned (because even when it’s perfect, there are still adjustments and compromises needed). Just sayin’ ;) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment