Sunday, April 9, 2023

One reason people resist change…

One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up 

instead of what they have to gain.

— Rick Godwin (Pastor, internationally-known teacher, speaker and motivator. Godwin’s passion is to challenge people to pursue their dreams and live life at the highest level possible). 

Uh… yup. Guilty. I lagged in relationships because I was uncertain I’d find a better match. I stayed in jobs for too long because I hate the job search/resume writing/interviewing hell. I stayed in friendships too long because I hate the idea of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It’s always felt risky, and frankly sad, to give up on big investments. Having said that, I finally recognize my deal breakers for what they are, and there’s no turning back (the controlling boss/company who invades your personal time and energy, people who bring a dissonant vibe, a life partner that, in truth, just doesn’t fit with your temperament and life path. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment