Saturday, April 1, 2023

Keeping the peace, a trauma response?…

Agreeing to things just to keep the peace is actually a trauma response. 

When you do this, you’re disrespecting your boundaries. No more making yourself uncomfortable for others to feel comfortable. 

You have control now. You run your life. 

Take up space and use your voice.

— Unknown 

I was definitely the people pleaser/peace keeper in my family of origin. I actually really like being kind and generous and that will never change. However, I finally understand that I need to have my own back first and foremost. My favourite therapist says it’s about taking stock of our “obligations” by saying yes to things that we decide we have the energy for, and saying no when self care is more important. The biggest decision I’ve made recently is around deal breakers. When I figured out my deal breakers in romance, I met my perfect partner and love of my life. And now I’m finally clear on the deal breakers for friendship; negative world view, judgmental tendencies, disgruntled disposition, above all. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment