Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Respect yourself enough to walk away…

Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, 

grows you, 

or makes you happy.

— Robert Tew 

To be sure, I’ve struggled with this one, being the bleeding-heart, tolerant, peace keeper I’ve traditionally been. But I seem to be hitting an end of the road, so to speak. Be it my age, the state of the world (cost of living/scary climate change events/the war/increasing acts of violence) energy and time are at a serious premium and some cuts seem quite critical for my own well being. I don’t know about you, but just getting through the work week, chores and miscellaneous to-do’s, there’s not enough down time. Too much time on work, if you ask me (I thought technology was supposed to make our lives easier and save time!). Weekends and a bit of vacation time isn’t proving sufficient to recharge the old batteries. So! Week nights and weekend days need to provide ease, fun, rest and fulfilment, with anything anxiety causing needing to fall off the radar. Am I right? Just sayin’ ;) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment