Wednesday, January 11, 2023

The lone wolf coping mechanism…

A therapist said if you self isolate when overwhelmed
you probably had to solve a lot of your problems alone as a child.

— Unknown

I don’t know about you, but I find this very intriguing. And I would say, I resemble that remark ;) Historically, I would sort of freeze, go quiet, require time to process to figure out how I was feeling, and then, maybe, deal, depending on the specific issue at hand, Lol. (Funny, but also not funny because this is a very unhelpful strategy for a healthy relationship). Fortunately, therapy and a pretty savvy ex taught me how to stay present and use my words. I now know how to “address” problems as they come up, achieve a level of understanding and some sort of mutually beneficial outcome. Not with everyone mind you, as I still struggle with my family of origin and certain friends. Evidently, I’m not the only person who hides from issues and who shies away from and/or doesn’t know how to “clear” issues. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 


No comments:

Post a Comment