Sunday, August 8, 2021

Be in your own skin…

I don’t surround myself with people who are constantly positive, always smiling to mask the bullshit life they actually have. I prefer to surround myself with people who are real, honest and raw. If your day sucks I want to hear about why it sucks so I can try my best to make it better. If you’re not really happy, don’t fake a smile on my behalf. I’d rather you spill your guts with tears every day until your smile is real, because I don’t care about the show, the disguise, the political correctness. If you’re in my life, I want you to be in your own skin.

— Stephanie Bennett-Henry, Texas based author and poet

One thing I’ve liked, in the midst of this Covid ordeal, is the refreshing honesty and transparency from both friends and acquaintances. People have seemed more willing to share their fears, grievances, struggles, which as created a new found sense of camaraderie in my community. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 


No comments:

Post a Comment