Tuesday, August 10, 2021

“Be your own hero”…

As much as I’d love to believe that someone, somewhere, will save me from all the darkness… I know that avoidance is not the best choice. I can sit and hide from pain for as long as I want, but true growth is not found here. True growth, especially self development, will come when I stop waiting. It will happen when I take those small steps to pull myself out of the darkness… even if the light at the end of the tunnel seems so far away.. It will be hard, but I will soon realize that I am my own savior. I’ve always had the strength to help myself, I just needed to believe it. So beginning today, and every day, I am choosing to be my own hero.

— @MOULE_T

I’ve had to save myself from some very dark places (death of my father, job loss in a dire market, a string of yucky jobs with yucky company culture, unexpected and shocking betrayal, divorce). Fortunately, I reached out for help. I read lots and lots of books on the issue at hand and worked with various counsellors. These were the toughest of times and I wouldn’t want to go through any of them again, but I was surprisingly transformed by each one. I ended up with my dream job, the love of my life and the knowledge that I am braver, stronger and more resilient than I thought possible. If/when something earth shattering happens again, I know I can handle it. It may be unpleasant in the moment, but I’m certain I’ll survive, I’ll grow, and I’ll benefit in some unexpected way. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 


No comments:

Post a Comment