Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Painful, but important lessons…

Some things break your heart but fix your vision.

— Unknown

I’ve had some shocking and permanent learning experiences in my day. I suffered job loss post 2008 financial crisis (6 months after landing my most prominent, high paying position) during a years long hiring freeze. This was a big ouch, but I learned to work harder/smarter and become indispensable. I also suffered a humiliating betrayal/relationship loss (even worse, was totally my bad for dragging heels on an inevitable break up. Duh! But I learned about my deal breakers and how to pick the right parter). I’ve also learned about friendship and which behaviours are non-starters. All I can say is, bullying and blaming are big red flags (compassion and forgiveness are very admirable, but enabling is a trap). I forgive myself for not knowing better and I’m thrilled to have learned these lessons. Just sayin’ ;) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment