Sunday, April 18, 2021

“7 Things People Learn Too Late”...

1. Everything is temporary

2. Life isn’t always fair

3. Family > everything

4. Kindness goes a long way

5. A lifetime is isn’t as long as you think.

6. The biggest risk is not taking any

7. You’re responsible for your own happiness

— Daymond John

I have a couple of thoughts... First, family isn’t always a support system, as some people have challenging relationships with one or both parents and sometimes their siblings as well. Second, I totally agree regarding responsibility for our own happiness. I learned how to pick up all the pieces from my difficult childhood from a savvy life coach. No question I was a bit stuck when it came to a childhood that did not feel loving and supportive. I don’t know if I was stuck in victim mode, but I think my past stood in the way of enjoying loving, drama free relationships. Happily, I’ve made huge strides in resolving past baggage and I’ve learned life changing communication/relationship skills from trusted coaches and weekend workshops. I’ve also managed to created my own brand of “family” with like minded, kind and caring souls. (Ps. I highly recommend the work of Joel Brass, if you’re curious to learn more and you live in BC, Canada). Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 



No comments:

Post a Comment