Monday, June 1, 2020

Willingness to show up...

The willingness to show up changes us.
It makes us a little braver each time.

— Brene Brown (Research Professor, Author, Public Speaker, Licensed Master Social Worker, PhD. Brown has spent her career studying courage, vulnerability, shame and empathy and has authored multiple books including five New York Times best-sellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness and Dare to lead).

In the sales world, they say half the battle is showing up. Come to think of it, the same is said about school and showing up to class. Reminds me of a summer course I took at college one year. I needed to work full time and so missed most of my classes. I studied like hell and pretty much memorized the text book, only to show up at the final exam and see a section devoted purely to in class lecture content. Whoops! I managed to pass decently well, but had I gone to class, an extra 20% was up for grabs. So, exactly what are we missing in our personal lives when we shy away? Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl


No comments:

Post a Comment