Monday, September 28, 2026

Between you and your behaviour…

I didn’t talk badly about you. I talked about what you did to me. If that makes you look bad, that’s between you and your behaviour. Because telling the truth about my experience isn’t bitterness. It’s clarity. And I’m not responsible for protecting someone’s image when they had no problem damaging my peace. Sometimes the truth only sounds harsh because someone benefitted from the silence. 

— Miley Cyrus 

The most important thing I’ve learned from intensive therapy, and group therapy workshops, is the role of  accountability in relationships. Specifically, it is going to be very difficult to have a healthy relationship with someone who isn’t willing to discuss and navigate issues with an open mind and heart. When conflict arises, a team approach is winning, whereas blaming and skirting one’s end in things is pretty much a non starter. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment