Things I’m no longer apologizing for:
- My feelings. Being emotional and crying
- Having firm boundaries
- Saying no to something I’m not interested in doing
- Not answering the phone when I can’t or don’t feel like it
- Needing to take a break
- Asking for clarity when I don’t understand
- How other people behave
- Changing and becoming better
- Not agreeing with someone
- Putting myself first. I can’t be anything to anyone if I am nothing to myself
- Settling for less than I deserve
- Letting go when I need to
- Healing at my own pace
— Alex Elle (vybecource.com)
I would add “tolerating behaviours that are in fact deal breakers for me” such as controlling tendencies, too frequently negative and judgemental, snarky’ness, reactionary responses (cold shoulder, punishing silent treatment etc.). I’m looking for people who are capable of adult conversations and relationship building collaboration (not sulking, blaming and a lack of accountability). It took me a really long time to establish these boundaries. Life has never been more freeing and stress reduced. Just sayin’ ;) Hugs and good luck. XO
Blessings,
Chatgirl
No comments:
Post a Comment