Thursday, June 22, 2023

How to make true connection possible…

The illusion that everything will just turn out magically without having to communicate thoughts, feelings and needs in a relationship is an immaturity that will make true connection impossible.

— Unknown 

I don’t know about you, but I did not acquire sound relationship skills from my family of origin. There was a lot of screaming and yelling, Lol, but a lack of resolution. I came to avoid conflict and anger because it didn’t seem to solve anything. I would typically go quiet (and pout!), which is also unhelpful. Fortunately, one of my relationships led me to a fantastic therapist/seminar leader and I learned an abundance of healthy communication skills. Who knew?! “Clearing” stands out from the rest, as it provides a kind, caring and respectful way of inviting each partner to share their experience and make requests. Kindest thing ever actually. It’ll change your life. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 



No comments:

Post a Comment