Sunday, March 7, 2021

Having our own back...

After suffering a humiliating and painful break about seven years ago, I went back to the relationship drawing board. My favourite therapist said, “actually, I think you’re almost there. You just need to have your own back — all the way.” In hindsight, I don’t think I completely understood what having my own back meant. I’ve come to realize that my upbringing left me unprepared in terms of setting healthy boundaries. (No offence Mum and Dad, I’m sure you did the best you could). Even just recently I had to take stock of what should stay on the to do list, what should go, and what should be added to support my energy level and nurture my soul. I ended up booking a weekend get away in my city with my sexy soulmate. Given promising vaccine roll outs, we also decided on an additional weekend get away as soon as quarantines give way, plus a Mexico Xmas. I also made the big decision to cook and clean less. What I spend on dining out is worth the mental health gain. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment