Thursday, December 17, 2020

“More of Less” to “more money, more time, more energy, more freedom, less stress”...

Have we realized it yet? That nobody is missing the material things. We all miss the company of others, great conversations, and a hug... that’s what life is all about. 

— Joshua Becker (Best-selling author of More of Less and The Minimalist Home. Becker says “My family and I began donating, recycling, and removing our unnecessary personal possessions. We embarked on an intentional journey to own less stuff. As a result, we discovered more money, more time, more energy, more freedom, less stress, and more opportunity to pursue our greatest passions; faith, family, friends. And we decided to write about it”).

I had no choice but to embark on a similar path post 2008 financial crisis. Work was largely on pause and I suddenly had to live on much less than I was used to. This forced me out of my cherished habit of shopping for new wardrobe/home treasures. I’m not gonna lie. This was really hard at first. I felt deprived and sat in the void for a bit. There’s a failure in not having the freedom of funds. But I soon filled my time with the activities I love doing (writing, exercising, analyzing film, finding new music, spending time with friends, enjoying nature etc). This became such a habit that I never really got back to the hobby of buying new items. Sure, I select a few fashionable pieces here and there, but only what I feel I really need. This creates space in the budget for more warm vacations (which I desperately need!) and savings (which I realize I also need - for bigger future choices/retirement etc!). Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment