Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Having our own back...

My favourite therapist says we can say almost anything, and be well received, if we speak to our feelings. I tried this out yesterday. I had spent a really long time thinking about my experience with this person, why I was profoundly hurt and what prevented greater closeness in the relationship. So I invited a conversation and we both ended up sharing monumental, heart-felt thoughts and positive ideas on how to partner on a healing path forward. This is perhaps the biggest accomplishment of my life, because I know the hurt had somewhat (behind the scenes, unconsciously) handcuffed me emotionally for a very long time. To quote my therapist, I finally stepped up and had my own back. Felt good. Feels good. Just sayin’ :) Hugs XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment