Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Kindness toward others...

When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.

— Dalai Lama

I’ve been working on this and it’s pretty amazing actually. A dear friend of mine has felt let down by me of late and she sent quite a difficult message by text. My other friends quickly came to my defence in judgment. Rather than feel defensive, hurt or critical, I chose compassion. I told my friends (and myself) that she is allowed to feel how she’s feeling and she’s allowed to be upset with me. More importantly, I would love to have the opportunity to chat about what’s happened and make amends. My friends were surprised and one of them pulled me aside and said “you are the most emotionally mature person I know”. That felt good, and I’m definitely going to continue working on kindness toward others because it somehow gives us all permission to make mistakes, to be upset and  to feel what we’re feeling. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment