Saturday, May 6, 2023

I choose…

To live by choice, not chance
To be motivated, not manipulated
To be useful, not used
To make changes, not excuses
To excel, not compete
To choose self-esteem, not self-pity
I choose to listen to my inner voice, 
not to the random opinions of others

— Unknown

Boy did I learn the first point the hard way. I left important aspects of my life somewhat unattended and paid dearly. My previous relationship was flailing and I sat idling. In my defence, I wasn’t 100% positive I should throw the baby out with the bath water. But, in truth, I knew the relationship was emotionally unfulfilling. In career, same thing. I was in a pretty secure, well paying job, but the company culture was a bad fit for my personality and disposition. Again, in my defence, I can appreciate why I put off the whole job search/interviewing/new position learning curve ordeal. Problem is, when you don’t act on your own behalf, life has a way of just happening TO you, and not in the way you would want or choose. I’m proud, and relieved, that I know how to have my own back. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment