Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Investigating underlying causes of disorders…

The body displaces trauma. 

It shows up as: anxiety, depression, chronic pain, autoimmunity, addiction, insomnia, eating disorders, headaches, substance abuse, OCD, fatigue, or anger.

These are symptoms of trauma as a root cause.

— Shannon Myers, M.S., CRC (Certified Rehab Counselor with a focus on integration of mind, body, and spirit. Myers believes that all mental and physical conditions are symptoms with underlying roots of trauma, societal conditioning, a lack of helpful coping skills, or potentially environmentally based causes such as food, chronic infections, stress, thyroid dysfunction, hormonal imbalances, toxins etc). 

As it turns out, my life long stomach aches/digestive issues stemmed from internalized stress. I tried everything within the healthcare system (including a $400 allergy test that revealed I have no tangible allergies) and everything within the naturopath and Traditional Chinese Medicine realms, but found no solution. I ended up seeing a Body Talk/Craniosacral Practitioner, out of desperation, and learned that I had “anxious tummy”, likely stemming from a tumultuous and fearful upbringing. So my “gut” tends to be preoccupied with trying to understand and “digest” the world around me, which takes away from my body’s ability to process food. Interesting. In any case, seeing this alternative practitioner on a regular basis has solved my issue, and in the process I’ve learned valuable new life skills. Win-win. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO 

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment