Thursday, April 7, 2022

Life’s greatest lessons…

Remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes.

—  www.livelifehappy.com

As I was saying yesterday, my most traumatic experiences have led to dramatic and meaningful change. I lost my fancy new job during the 2008 financial crisis and there were no jobs in my field for a good three years. Say goodbye to savings and RRSP’s. Yikes. (For anyone going through a similarly ghastly fate right now, I think of you often, and I am sending warmest of wishes. Hang in there!). I also happened to be single at the time. Talk about an opportunity to re-group. I pretty much went back to the drawing board on choosing a life partner and I had to pivot on a dime in career as well.  A couple of relationship workshops, regular sessions with a life coach and a traditional therapist later, I tested out my new and improved approach to life. In love, I finally learned that lifestyle (how you want to spend your days), values (does this person treat others well for example), character (is this person giving, thoughtful and considerate), overall “match” (do we have a similar vision for our future) are vitally important. In career, I had to think outside the box, and picked up some consulting work. This opened the door to exciting entrepreneurial endeavours, which I continue to explore. I also learned to perform at a higher level in my job. This has led to some sweet recognition and solid job security. In summary, my “terrible” time led me to the perfect love of  my life (which is perfect even when it isn’t perfect), and my dream job, which is quite fulfilling and pays more than I ever thought I’d earn. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 


No comments:

Post a Comment