Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Feeling the need to be busy…

Feeling the need to be busy all the time is a trauma response and fear-based distraction from what you’d be forced to acknowledge and feel if you slowed down.

— Unknown 

What I learned from my own healing journey is how much emotional pain idles quietly in the background, in our unconscious. We don’t even remember much of what happened to us while we were young because defensive mechanisms kick in and protect us from some of the acute pain. Unfortunately, those old, unresolved issues carve out grooves in our emotional fabric and tend to wreak serious havoc in our most important relationships. Taking time out to identify and heal old wounds has been transformational for me in every way. Now, I’m not gonna lie. This was very hard work and required much time and financial commitment. I just felt that I couldn’t afford NOT to work on the issues that plagued my relationships. I think this may be what I’m most proud of in my life. I had the courage to take responsibility for everything in my life and I invested heavily in myself. This has paid off in every way, as I’m at an all time high in my career, I’ve been with the love of my life for almost seven blissful years and most importantly, I can meet all of my own needs. My honey’s the cherry on top, but time to myself is my very favourite treat. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment