Thursday, February 24, 2022

Best is still yet to come…

Don’t give up now, 
chances are 
your best kiss 
Your hardest laugh
and your greatest day
are still yet to come.

— atticus

I’ve been in the proverbial ditch in life, and this went on for years (post 2008 financial crisis, which became my financial crisis). Life was pretty much on hold. I had enough money for rent, food, car (because I’ve always had well paying jobs), and not much else. All I can say is, wow. Quite the character building time. I was able to enjoy a low cost morning coffee outing, which is fortunately one of my favourite things, while my friends shopped for brand name clothes, enjoyed live entertainment, went on fabulous trips and bought bigger homes (some of them multi-million). Yup, that was a soul searching, humbling experience. So, I was out of work and I was also single. Doubly whammy, but this left me much solitude to envision my ideal future, which is mostly about greater freedom of life choices and more time off for fun adventures. Although I had limited funds to play with, I had an abundance of time, and fortunately I spent it wisely. I followed the advice of a fantastic life coach who said, girl, you need to sit down and write your lists. For career, what sort of manager do you want to work with, what sort of corporate culture do you want, what do you want your work days to look like, what sort of compensation do you want/need? For a life partner; what you do want your days to look like, how do you want to be treated, etc. I spent a good year on this exercise, meanwhile I also learned how to not spend money. It took a couple more years of searching, but I ended up with my dream job, the love of my life/best, easiest partner ever, and a LOT of savings and investments. Just sayin’ ;) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment