Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Change can be hard…

It requires no extra effort to settle for the same old thing.

Auto-pilot keeps us locked into past patterns. But transforming your life? That requires courage, commitment and effort. It’s tempting to stay camped in the zone of That’s-Just-How-It-Is. But to get to the really good stuff in life, you have to be willing to become an explorer and adventurer.

— John Mark Green

I fell into auto-pilot with my last relationship, which lasted four years. Things began to unravel in year three or so, but looking back, there were deal breakers right from the start. I was just concerned that my expectations were too high and that I should fully commit and work on this relationship. As I sat pondering, love found my live-in boyfriend. So life made the decision for me and I felt very much the fool in the end. Yuck… but also, lesson learned! I’ve been absolutely real and honest with myself ever since. I decided I’d rather be alone, or in a job search, than remain unfulfilled in life. I ended up with the perfect job and the perfect partner by not settling. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment