Monday, October 12, 2020

Being yourself and feeling comfortable in your skin...

There are endless formulas about how to be confident. My experience has taught me it’s much simpler: Confidence is about being yourself and feeling comfortable in your skin. There is a societal notion that we need to be perfect and have all the answers. Have you ever met a perfect person? Me neither. I know I’m always going to have flaws, areas I need to grow, and things I don’t like about myself. I’m the first one to criticize myself but that doesn’t mean I can’t be self-assured. The two aren’t mutually exclusive... We don’t have to be good at everything. It’s better to be honest. Confidence is an inside job... Every win builds your belief in yourself. It’s shaky ground to define our abilities by things going right, though. I wouldn’t get through a week if I let my self-esteem get knocked everything time I made a mistake. Our resilience muscles have to be equally strong...

— Rebecca Minkoff (Founder of Rebecca Minkoff and the Female Founder Collective)

My favourite therapist gave me the best, most profound advice. He said “you need to have your own back, and that means embracing all of who you are and staying true to who you are, your likes/dislikes, needs, wants and deal breakers, particularly when it comes to relationships.” I gave this a ton of thought and spent a good year refining my personal story. Then I met the love of my life. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl  




No comments:

Post a Comment