Saturday, April 25, 2020

Bet on yourself?...

I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on,
it’s myself.

— Beyoncé (One of the most influential artists of our time. She was on Time’s list of 100 most influential people in the world two years in a row and Forbes listed her as the most powerful female in entertainment in 2015. She has become a symbol of female empowerment and hope. Beyoncé’s net worth is $350 million, earning her a spot on America’s Richest Self-Made Women list).

It wasn’t until I fully invested in myself and my life that privately held (and pie in the sky, I thought) dreams began to come true. I remember reading that when we wish for certain things, we are not granted the rewards instantly per se, but rather we are given the opportunity to cultivate the skills necessary to manifest our vision. I faced a yucky relationship break up and career/financial melt down during the 2008 financial crisis, which left me at me at a personal ground zero. Fortunately, I had trusted coaches to turn to. My favourite therapist, in particular, said “You need to have your own back, all the way.” By this he meant, identifying and writing out what I wanted and needed/what my deal breakers are and standing by that list 100 %, no exceptions. Beyond that, I also decided to work harder than I ever have (one extra work phone call/email per day or goal to learn something new, even if it’s just research on LinkedIn or chatting with a colleague to share ideas). I also stepped up my health game and began limiting sugar/booze/junk food intake. I’ve always been a pretty healthy eater, but felt that sugar was a bit of a crutch. I also had no choice but to closely manage my funds. It took about a year to see real progress, but a transformation was clearly occurring. More than anything, it just felt good. I was proud of my ability to set up a plan, stick to it and see some cool results. I felt even more motivated and now, after some years, the routine is automatic and natural. What I didn’t expect was ending up needing less. Now that I am with the perfect love of my life (even when it isn’t perfect, Lol), I’m in a dream job and I can afford a very comfortable life with trips/entertainment/shopping, I don’t seem to need much. Don’t get my wrong, I love clothes, eating out and warm vacations and I do treat myself. I just seem to pre-plan, pre-pay and enjoy watching my savings account grow as well. Life is peaceful and rewarding even without the extra’s. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl


No comments:

Post a Comment