Friday, January 17, 2020

Level of honesty...

Getting your shit together requires a level of honesty you can’t even imagine. There’s nothing easy about realizing you’re the one that’s been holding you back this whole time.

— Averstu.com

My favourite therapist talks a lot about being honest with ourselves. I stepped into one of his relationship workshops and he began with a question that we all needed to answer publicly. “Why in truth are you here today?” I admitted I was there because my boyfriend thought I should go (because I was struggling with challenging family dynamics) and I really wanted the relationship to work. Turned out to be the best decision I ever made. What I continue to realize is that it’s never too late to learn new communication/relationship skills. (Ps. I don’t think we’re necessarily the ones holding ourselves back. I just think there are things we can do to help ourselves along the way). Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment