Tuesday, January 16, 2018

True religion...

I believe that the only true religion consists of having a good heart.

- Dalai Lama

My father was raised Catholic and so was I, sort of. My Mother found herself in a motel with nothing to read at one point (we were on the road for my brother’s soccer game), and so she read the bible from the bedside drawer. She decided we should all be baptized just to make sure we wouldn’t go to hell. Needless to say, we all got baptized when I was five years old and my parents got remarried in a Catholic Church. Mum would drag us to Church when she was up to it and otherwise we’d all get to sleep in. Dad had better things to do on a Sunday morning and said he didn’t need to attend Church to be a good human being anyway. I’m not saying my Dad lived up to those values perfectly, but his philosophy stuck with me. Just sayin’ :) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment