Friday, January 19, 2018

Be confident...

Be confident.

Too many days are wasted comaring ourselves to others and wishing to be something we aren’t.
Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses, and it is only when you accept everything you are - and aren’t - that you will truly succeed.

- Unknown

I can relate in a big way. After a bad break up, I knew I needed to go back to the drawing board. I thought a lot about the kind of life I want to live and how I like to spend my time. I made a very comprehensive list of my qualities, interests, desires and goals. I forgave myself for any perceived limitations and decided to make no apologies if my list isn’t interesting enough or if my hobbies and interests aren’t broad enough (i.e. I don’t like hiking or camping and spend probably too much time watching movies, reading magazines and listening to music). I mean, who’s to say how we should spend our time anyway. Are we uncultured if we don’t spend enough time in museums? Whatever the case may be, I decided to allow myself to enjoy what I enjoy and to choose someone who wants the same kind of life. My miracle happened. I met the love of my life and wow, how much easier life is. No more heavy compromises and unpleasant weekends. No more arguments. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. xo

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment