Tuesday, December 19, 2017

More compassion?...

Compassion is so often the solution.

- Unknown

Forgiveness and compassion are supposed to set us free. Now, I’m pretty positive to a fault, but even I’m surprised at how challenging this can be, given some of life’s toughest challenges; betrayal by a trusted long-term friend or romantic partner, unexpected downsizing and job loss in a bad market, relentless family discord? I have experienced all of the above and I can’t say I’ve been a rock star in the compassion department. I aspire, to be sure, but the consequences moving forward require a lot of coping strategies. Betrayal can shake us to the core and require healthy guidance in learning to trust again. Job loss can hurt our finances for years to come and require much patience and commitment while we secure our future. Family discord can be nothing short of “Groundhog Day.” So, what do we do when compassion eludes is? First off, it’s normal to ride the emotional rollercoaster for a time ;) and then.... after twenty-plus years of psychological curiosity, research and guidance from many different experts, I tell myself; shit really does just happen in life, so don’t take it personally, embrace the emotions and hear what they’re telling us, learn the lessons and make sound changes, don’t be afraid to seek assistance when needed and absolutely try working with forgiveness books. Most of all, be patient because letting go in order to move forward is not a quick fix, even with much assistance. Just sayin’ :) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment