Saturday, December 16, 2017

Stay strong...

I truly admire those who stay strong, even when they have every right to break down.

- Unknown

We find out how strong we are when we’re tested don’t we (i.e. job loss, breakdown of a relationship, betrayal, death of a loved one, debilitating injury, financial duress etc.). I’ve faced most of these actually and I’ve been surprised at my lack of capacity to rise at times. My father was dying of cancer and I found it incredibly difficult to face him. It didn’t help that he was scarier and angrier than ever. Still, I was shocked and disappointed in myself. I continue to learn that strength and security need to be cultivated from deep within us. If we have to overcome a difficult childhood, or what have you, so be it, but nothing external can fill us up and make us feel truly safe for the long term. Just sayin’ :) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment