Thursday, October 8, 2026

Needed someone to take care of you?…

Someone once said, “You like taking care of people because it heals the part of you that needed someone to take care of you.”

I really felt that.

— @powerofpositivity

This resonates very deeply for me as well. Fortunately, I managed to land on a deep healing path and learned to take proper care of myself. My biggest Achilles heel is family and the pain I’ve felt around a tough love upbringing, with plenty of judgment, and outright rejection frankly. My mother, in particular, was hot, cold, and confusing. She would punish my sister and I if we didn’t take care of her (total roll reversal). So, you wouldn’t get a birthday gift, for example, if you didn’t spend enough time with her. My father was quite militant and harsh, with nothing ever being good enough. He seemed to relish unleashing his frustrations with frequent and scary violence. At the root of all this unsafe dysfunction was my parents’ terrible, unhappy marriage, that landed on everyone around them. My sister and I pretty much did everthing around the family home because my mother was a depressive hypochondriac. So we were the care takers, and this became a habitual pattern in all of my relationships. I finally wore myself out on all the giving and doing, and learned how to attract a mutually loving and healthy partnership. Fewf! I can’t  recommend deep healing work enough. Unloading some of this old baggage and pain is a game changer. Life can be so much more fulfilling and joyful. Promise! Just sayin’ ;) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment