Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Difficult conversations may be uncomfortable, but silence does damage…

People who avoid hard conversations usually leave behind the most damage. Avoidance doesn’t erase problems, it amplifies unspoken issues and creates emotional distance. Difficult conversations may be uncomfortable, but silent is what breaks trust. 

— Anonymous 

I’ll give myself some credit. I’ve been willing to embark on numerous relationship courses (therapist led, group therapy weekends, where you can practice in a safe environment) and I’ve learned a whole host of  new communication skills. I definitely needed the practice because finding the right words, with compassion and understanding is so key. And of course it takes a willing partner in order to achieve  this sort of healthy dialogue. And willing friends, frankly. I’ve had to move on from certain people, who were, for whatever reason, not able to allow for the kind of clear communication it takes to repair any hiccups and issues. Just sayin’ ;) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment