Monday, February 20, 2023

Access to dormant potential…

Director Francis Ford Coppola was asked to name the year’s worst movie. The question didn’t interest him, he said. He listed his favourite films, then declared, “Movies are hard to make, so I’ll say, all other ones were fine!” Coppola’s comments remind me of author Dave Eggers’: “Do not dismiss a book until you have written one, and do not dismiss a movie until you have made one, and do not dismiss a person until you have met them.” … Refrain from judging efforts about which you have no personal knowledge. Doing so will give you fuller access to half-dormant aspects of your own potentials. 

— Rob Brezsny

Yup, I absolutely have some internal judgey’ness. And I think this prevents me from pursuing certain things, such as picking up golf later in life, and looking/being really bad. So, I’m gonna start out by checking myself and my critical thoughts. Just sayin’ ;) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment