Saturday, March 26, 2022

The right match…

With the right person, you don’t have to work so hard to be happy.

It just happens.

— Unknown

I wish I could give my younger self the following advice; don’t mistake infatuation for love (because although attraction is a key ingredient, there are other critical factors), take a close look at common ground (because if you don’t like to do the same things, you may end up going in different directions), consider learning new communication/relationship skills (because this will enable you to openly discuss/share/pivot when faced with the inevitable obstacles), ask yourself if you truly like/respect/want to protect and care for this person (beyond the attraction/chemistry, because you won’t always agree and you’ll need to make compromises for that person). These are the broad strokes for me. Once I had my list/framework for the life I wanted to life with my perfect match, he materialized, and I was prepared. We work very well together and it’s quite easy to address and overcome issues. Actually, I would say overcoming issues tends to deepen our bond and build even greater trust and love. Just sayin’ :) Good Luck! Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment