Thursday, August 20, 2020

“I am not happy, I am open”...

“Are you happy?” “In all honesty? No. But I am curious - I am curious in my sadness, and I am curious in my joy. I am ever seeking, ever feeling. I am in awe of the beautiful moments life gives us, and I am in awe of the difficult ones. I am transfixed by grief, by growth. It is all so stunning, so rich, and I will never convince myself that I cannot be somber, cannot be hurt, cannot be overjoyed. I want to feel it all - I don’t want to cover it up or numb it. So no, I am not happy, I am open, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

— Bianca Sparacino, Seeds Planted in Concrete

My favourite therapist says the trick is to allow ourselves to feel everything we’re feeling and utilize the valuable information we can extract from those feelings. If we’re hurt or angry, odds are our boundaries have been crossed and we need to address the issue, perhaps by making a request for different behaviour? Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 




No comments:

Post a Comment