Friday, November 30, 2018

Stepping stones to success...

Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.

— Dale Carnegie (American writer and lecturer and the developer of famous courses in self-improvement, salesmanship, corporate training, public speaking and interpersonal skills. Born into poverty on a farm in Missouri, Carnegie was the author of How to Win Friends and Influence People (1936), a bestseller that remains popular today. One of the core ideas is that it is possible to change other people’s behaviour by changing one’s behaviour toward them).

Post 2008 financial crisis/career meltdown of my own, I often reflect on this terrifying, sleep deprived and stressful time. I can’t put my finger on the evolution per se, but I think there was an invisible/internal re-jigging that took place. Surviving failure (even if I was one of many affected by the world financial crisis, it felt terribly personal) produced an unexpected and deep sense of pride, renewed strength, profoundly humble confidence and enhanced skills of all sorts. I was pretty much one month away from moving in with my mother and in my final hour, so to speak, a former manager offered me a fantastic position, restoring my world. I am forever grateful for the lifeline and will take absolutely nothing for granted so long as I live. My forever goal is to be indispensable and from this mindset, I have achieved more than I could ever have imagined, and still climbing. Just sayin’ :) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl






No comments:

Post a Comment