Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Primary relationship is with self...

My primary relationship is with myself- all others are mirrors of it. As I learn to love myself, I automatically receive the love and appreciation that I desire from others. If I am committed to myself and to living my truth, I will attract others with equal commitment. My willingness to be intimate with my own deep feelings creates the space for intimacy with another. As I learn to love myself, I receive the love I desire from others.

— Shakti Gawain

I certainly didn’t learn this growing up. I learned about being compliant (and being what others wanted me to be); at home under my parents rule, at school following the teacher’s expectations, at work complying with a manager’s directives. I pretty much happened on a paradigm shift back in my early thirties (thanks to one of my most important relationships). I’ve never looked back and life seems to get better and better. I can’t take much credit really. I simply followed the guidance of so many great health care/sprititual/life coaching professionals and authors. Forever thank you to every one of my teachers. Just sayin’ :) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment