Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Expressing wants and needs...

"Expressing your feelings before asking for what you want helps you to connect to yourself and the other person, as well as communicate the importance of your request. For instance:

* I am feeling tired. I need to leave early.
* I am feeling energized. Let's go for an adventure!
* I'm feeling uncomfortable about that choice. My heart is telling me to go there instead.

Feeling words: Examples of feeling words you may find useful are - uncomfortable, overwhelmed, unclear, stressed, uncertain, tired, confused. These words have less of an edge than words like frustrated, angry, disrespected, and annoyed and are less likely to cause the other person to feel defensive."

- Compliments of Vince Gowmon

I'm a big fan of requests over accusations. Just sayin ;)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment