Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Traits in a mate...

According to Gwendolyn Seidman, Psychology Today, "people are more satisfied if their partner and relationship are consistent with their ideals. Recent research indicates that not all traits carry equal weight, and hitting the mark on those that reflect intrinsic (kindness, reliability, and generosity) rather than extrinsic values may be a more refined predictor of relationship satisfaction."

There are a lot of moving parts in a romantic connection and it's not easy to pin point precisely what is needed for long term success. I hear a lot of people debate on the importance of physical attraction. I guess my challenge to us all is this - do they need to be mutually exclusive? Personally, I don't believe we have to sacrifice. I believe it's possible to find the complete package. Just sayin' ;)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment