Thursday, September 19, 2024

You’re enough…

When we work from a place, I believe, that says “I’m enough” then we stop screaming and start listening. We’re kinder and gentler to the people around us, and we’re kinder and gentler to ourselves. 

— Brene Brown (Clinic Social Worker, academic and public speaker. Brown is known for her work on shame, vulnerability, leadership and for her highly regarded 2010 TEDx talk. She has written six number-one New York Times bestselling books and hosted two Spotify podcasts)

We get older and we, technically speaking, become adults. What I’ve learned from my favourite therapist, and a multitude of weekend individual and relationship courses however, is that there remains a part of us that is childlike. And that “Inner Child”, left unchecked, can wreak havoc on our lives and relationships. Personally, I was diagnosed with a father issue and a “loveability” issue, which explains my lack of success in marriage to that point. I pursued intensive therapy to resolve my relationship issues and it worked. I can’t recommend counselling enough. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment